New allegations from women in Heywood have emerged after Jamie Thomason publicly disclosed that he had attended a police interview and had been placed on bail conditions.
New allegations from women in Heywood have emerged after Jamie Thomason publicly disclosed that he had attended a police interview and had been placed on bail conditions.
The latest development follows months of Roch Valley Radio reporting into the Heywood Community Guard group and activity linked to the Heywood HMO page, with previous investigations uncovering concerns over conduct, leaked communications and the eventual collapse of the group itself.
Jamie Thomason published a statement on Facebook on Wednesday 20 May saying he had spent the morning with Greater Manchester Police after being reported by asylum seekers who, he said, were "feeling threatened by me my team and my page".
Within the same statement Thomason wrote that he had been placed on bail conditions. He said those conditions prevented him from physically being outside HMOs or properties housing asylum seekers and also prevented him from entering Manchester city centre.
Thomason linked the city centre restriction to attending a Britain First march. In his Facebook post he wrote that he had "attended the Britains first march and made people feel threatened locally apparently on my live video".
He also stated that he had immigrant family members and said he was "far from racist", adding that he was only against "people of all colours who are a threat to women and children".
He concluded his statement with the words "onwards we go" followed by "peacefully".
One of the videos sent in to Roch Valley Radio was a snippet of a Facebook live from Thomason walking around bus stops in Heywood.
The developments come after Roch Valley Radio published a series of investigations into the Heywood Community Guard group and associated activity surrounding the Heywood HMO page.
The original group presented itself as a community initiative focused on local safety concerns around HMOs and asylum accommodation. Questions later emerged surrounding methods, online conduct and behaviour linked to individuals connected to the operation.
Roch Valley Radio first reported on concerns raised around the group before later publishing leaked WhatsApp conversations linked to its operation.
Material reviewed during that investigation raised concerns over racist language, abusive comments and discussions that caused alarm among residents.
Following the publication of those reports, the organisation began to unravel publicly.
Councillors from Heywood also wrote to Chief Superintendent Danny Inglis at Rochdale Police station in relation to serious concerns around the Heywood Community Guard.

Parents contacted Roch Valley Radio expressing fears of intimidation and concerns around behaviour associated with people linked to the group whilst they stood outside of primary and secondary schools at home time, with schools sending letters to parents informing them.
Roch Valley Radio also reported on the suspension of a fundraising page connected to the organisation as criticism and scrutiny increased.
Roch Valley Radio understands the WhatsApp group connected to the operation was effectively shut down after the article published surrounding racist and abusive material shared in the group.

As our reporting continued, Roch Valley Radio began receiving direct approaches from women who alleged threatening and intimidating behaviour involving Thomason.
Multiple women contacted the newsroom privately and provided screenshots, communications and supporting material. Others chose to raise concerns publicly through social media.
Messages reviewed by Roch Valley Radio and attributed to Thomason included statements reading "I'd XXXXing choke u if I was there now" and "I will see u hurt and I will cry with laughter".
Roch Valley Radio also reviewed evidence relating to further alleged threats made during communications with women including "I'll mutilate the both of you", "I'll bang you out" and "I'll come to XXXX and beat you up".
Several women told Roch Valley Radio they had become fearful following interactions they attributed to Thomason.
One woman who spoke to Roch Valley Radio alleged that previous conduct had left her living in fear and had led her to attempt to distance herself from the situation by moving towns.
Some individuals chose not to speak publicly because of concerns around potential repercussions and intimidation.
Roch Valley Radio has also reviewed court records relating to previous proceedings involving Thomason.
Court documentation reviewed by Roch Valley Radio shows Thomason was convicted of an offence under Section 4A of the Public Order Act involving threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour intended to cause harassment, alarm or distress.
Court proceedings heard Thomason attended a property and threatened to "slit her throat" before causing damage to a vehicle.
He was sentenced to community orders and a rehabilitation requirement. He was also ordered to pay court and victim related costs and made subject to restraining orders restricting access to areas within the borough.
The allegations and evidence currently being reviewed by Roch Valley Radio are separate from those previous criminal proceedings.
Roch Valley Radio continues examining information supplied by residents and individuals who have approached the newsroom regarding concerns linked to activity surrounding the Heywood Community Guard story.
Andy Burnham confirmed as Labour’s Candidate for Makerfield by-election
Reform UK Bury elect leadership team for council group
Carol Birchmore appointed new leader of Radcliffe First
Alice and Harry honoured for leadership and community work
Former Whitworth head invited to Royal Garden Party
Parklife transport plans changed as festival travel pick up points move for 2026 event
Reform's new Rochdale boss - who might be gone in 12 months - on immigration, the cost of living crisis and housing
The £5m row hanging over Andy Burnham’s bid for Parliament
Greater Manchester housebuilder donates £1,500 to Rochdale Sea Cadets
High school student helps footballers net second title
Heywood Uniform Hub receives 2,000 item schoolwear donation to support local families
67 jobs feared at risk as Footasylum starts warehouse consultation

Comments
Add a comment