St Cuthbert’s R.C. High School in Rochdale has told parents that industrial action is set to continue after half term, with disruption expected across June.
Executive Headteacher Mrs E Keenan wrote to parents today, Friday 22 May, confirming that the NASUWT intends to continue strike action on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays across four weeks in June.
The dates provided by the union are 2 June, 3 June, 4 June, 9 June, 10 June, 11 June, 16 June, 17 June, 18 June, 23 June, 24 June and 25 June.
The school also confirmed that the NEU has issued strike dates for 2 June, 3 June and 4 June.
Mrs Keenan said the school had carried out a risk assessment considering staff availability, pupil supervision requirements and the needs of examination year groups.
She said "I fully understand the emotions you will be feeling as you read this letter and I am so deeply sorry that this is causing you, our parent body, so much upset."
She added "I am continuing to work as hard as possible to resolve this situation so that all pupils receive the full five days a week face to face teaching."
Year 7, Year 8 and Year 9 pupils will work from home during affected days using learning material sent through pupil email, including work from Oak National Academy.
Year 10 pupils will follow a split arrangement with S Band and C Band alternating between attending school and learning at home across the strike dates. The school also said it is arranging one to one tutoring for Maths and Science from mid June, subject to tutor availability.
Year 11 pupils will continue to attend school for examinations only and remain on study leave outside those sessions.
The school said provision would continue for some vulnerable pupils and pupils receiving free school meals will be able to collect grab bags from the front office each morning.
Mrs Keenan said the school had asked unions to consider allowing teachers to return to teach Year 10 pupils following the start of Year 11 study leave, although no response had been received when the letter was issued.
New homes approved for Kirkholt
New drive-thru for Rochdale approved
The new Bury NeighbourHub has opened to support residents with work, skills, health, and wellbeing
Cardinal Langley students celebrate 'exceptional' A-Level and BTEC results
Veterans group to take over cafe and community hub at Denehurst House
Hopwood Hall College students celebrate Results Day success
Bury residents asked for views on 10-year housing strategy
Seven more Rochdale schools to offer free breakfast clubs
Rochdale Netball Club joins Rochdale AFC under new identity
Roch Valley Radio presenter Ian Foran appointed Rochdale AFC Sports College head coach
93-year-old former police officer returns to Rochdale station
Burnley man banned from keeping animals after dog found emaciated in Rochdale home

Comments
Add a comment