A Bury fast food branch has reopened after a makeover promising to deliver ‘better customer service’.
A Bury fast food branch has reopened after a makeover promising to deliver ‘better customer service’. The McDonald’s chain in Pilsworth was briefly closed to introduce a new restaurant layout and ‘the latest technology’.
Customers ordering food on their lunch breaks can now use the branch’s brand new ‘Ready on Arrival’ service – which means they can pick-up their order as soon as they arrive. The revamp is part of McDonald’s ‘Convenience of the Future’ programme, gradually modernising branches across the UK.
The Pilsworth branch, adjacent to the Manchester M60 circular at J3 of the M66, now also features three InstaVolt ultra-rapid EV chargers for commuters in electric vehicles. Redesigned seating areas also have extra phone and laptop charging points, and the patio seating area now has power-operated shades for wet weather.
Local McDonald’s Franchisee, Simon Toft, who owns and operates three McDonald’s restaurants across Bury, said: “I’m incredibly pleased that we’ve been able to invest in our Pilsworth restaurant. The refreshed space looks fantastic, and we’re excited to open our doors again.”
The fast food chain lodged plans for the renovation works with Bury Council in September last year, and were granted permission by planning officers on Monday, November 17.
In its decision notice, the council said: “The proposal would improve the economic, social and environmental conditions of the area. It therefore comprises sustainable development.”
The reopening comes just as another Bury branch has closed its doors for modernisation works. The town centre restaurant at The Rock in the town centre is currently clad in security fencing as a similar programme is rolled out at the second branch.
The second renovation is due to be complete by Wednesday, February 4.
The changes come just as Bury Council prepares to open a survey on the number of takeaway restaurants on its high streets. Council leaders are considering restricting the number of new takeaways permitted to open in certain areas over fears about the borough’s high child obesity levels.
New homes approved for Kirkholt
New drive-thru for Rochdale approved
The new Bury NeighbourHub has opened to support residents with work, skills, health, and wellbeing
Cardinal Langley students celebrate 'exceptional' A-Level and BTEC results
Veterans group to take over cafe and community hub at Denehurst House
Hopwood Hall College students celebrate Results Day success
Bury residents asked for views on 10-year housing strategy
Seven more Rochdale schools to offer free breakfast clubs
Rochdale Netball Club joins Rochdale AFC under new identity
Roch Valley Radio presenter Ian Foran appointed Rochdale AFC Sports College head coach
93-year-old former police officer returns to Rochdale station
Burnley man banned from keeping animals after dog found emaciated in Rochdale home

Comments
Add a comment