On Air Now

The Midnight Special

8:00pm - 10:00pm

Now Playing

Change

A Lover's Holiday

Tui ends sponsorship of Married At First Sight UK and Australia after rape allegations

Tui Group has ended its sponsorship of Married At First Sight (MAFS) UK and its Australian spin-off, after contestants on the show made allegations of rape and sexual assault.

Two women anonymously alleged they were raped by their on-screen husbands when they appeared on the Channel 4 show, and former participant Shona Manderson accused her on-screen partner of sexual misconduct, while speaking in a BBC Panorama documentary.

All three men deny the allegations against them.

In a statement a spokesperson for Tui UK and Ireland said: "Following the broadcast of the Panorama programme and discussion with Channel 4, we have taken the decision to end our sponsorship of Married At First Sight."

The spokesperson confirmed the travel operator had paused its sponsorship of the UK and Australian versions of the show after the accusations featured in the Panorama episode on Monday.

Last month, Channel 4 launched a review into contributor welfare shortly after being contacted by the BBC about the accusations featured in the Panorama episode.

Channel 4's chief executive, Priya Dogra, has said reports the show had been cancelled are "wholly inaccurate" and "no decision has been made" regarding the broadcast of the next series.

New episodes of MAFS UK have been "substantially filmed" and are currently being edited, Channel 4's chief content officer Ian Katz has said.

Read more from Sky News:
NHS staff accessed attack victims data
Record-breaking bank holiday temps

On Wednesday, MPs on the Culture, Media and Sport Committee wrote to Channel 4 and Ofcom about their response to allegations raised in the BBC documentary.

Committee chairwoman Dame Caroline Dinenage called the accusations "horrifying" and added: "Both Channel 4 and Ofcom, as the broadcasting regulator, have urgent questions to answer."

The letter to Channel 4 also asked about its complaints process for contestants on the programme, as well as the steps being taken to ensure the allegations were fully investigated, along with the review announced by the broadcaster.

It also asks the broadcaster about its approach to duty of care to participants on its other reality TV programmes.

On Tuesday, the government said there must be "consequences for criminality or wrongdoing" following the MAFS allegations.

The Metropolitan Police urged potential victims of sexual assault on the TV show to get in touch.

Sky News

(c) Sky News 2026: Tui ends sponsorship of Married At First Sight UK and Australia after rape allegations

Donate to Roch Valley Radio

 

Do you have a story for us? Want to tell us about something happening in our Borough?

Let us know by emailing newsdesk@rochvalleyradio.com

All contact will be treated in confidence.

More from UK

Donate to Roch Valley Radio

 

Recently Played

Newsletter

Your subscription could not be saved. Please try again.
Your subscription has been successful.

Subscribe to our newsletter and stay updated.

   

Coming up next On Air

  • The Midnight Special

    8:00pm - 10:00pm

    Craig, Christian and Tony bring a mix of songs & genres & nonsense, from brand new to classic.

  • Ben

    10:00pm - Midnight

    With Ben Chuvali

  • After Hours

    Midnight - 2:00am

    For the night owls, night workers and everyone still going while the rest of the town sleeps. Music, chat and company after dark.

  • Wide Awake Club

    2:00am - 5:00am

    For those who find themselves awake at 3am more often than they’d like. Calm music, understanding voices and quiet company.

  • Up Before the Alarm

    5:00am - 7:00am

    for early starters, commuters and anyone already on their second brew. Livelier music and new voices warming things up before breakfast.

  • Friday Breakfast

    7:00am - 10:00am

    getting you out of bed and to work and school with great music and headlines.