On Air Now

Ant's Pick n Mix

Noon - 2:00pm

Now Playing

N‐Trance

D.i.s.c.o.

Palestine Action activists face retrial over break-in at Israel-linked defence firm

Six Palestine Action activists face a retrial over a break-in at an Israel-linked defence firm's UK site.

Samuel Corner, 23, Charlotte Head, 29, Leona Kamio, 30, Fatema Rajwani, 21, Zoe Rogers, 22, and Jordan Devlin, 31, were found not guilty of aggravated burglary earlier this month over the raid at the Elbit Systems UK factory in Bristol in the early hours of 6 August 2024.

But the jury failed to reach verdicts on a criminal damage charge after deliberating for more than 36 hours.

Rajwani, Rogers and Devlin were found not guilty of violent disorder, while verdicts were not reached for the three others.

The jury also failed to reach a verdict on an additional charge of causing grievous bodily harm against Oxford graduate Corner.

It was alleged he struck Police Sergeant Kate Evans on the back with a sledgehammer while she was on the floor, leaving her with a fracture to her lumbar spine.

The court heard that Elbit Systems UK manufactures defence technology equipment and is a UK-registered company with a parent company is based in Israel.

Prosecutors confirmed they will seek a retrial on the charges on which the jury failed to reach a verdict at a hearing at Woolwich Crown Court.

Deanna Heer KC said: "That is criminal damage against all defendants, the three defendants on the allegation of violent disorder, and with Mr Corner on the allegation of causing grievous bodily harm with intent."

The judge Mr Justice Johnson set a provisional trial date of 16 February next year.

After the verdicts, all of the defendants apart from Corner were granted bail, having spent around 18 months in custody.

Ms Heer told the court aggravated burglary charges against 18 other defendants who are accused of involvement in the Elbit raid are also now being dropped, but they continue to face trial for other allegations.

Sky News

(c) Sky News 2026: Palestine Action activists face retrial over break-in at Israel-linked defence firm

Donate to Roch Valley Radio

 

Do you have a story for us? Want to tell us about something happening in our Borough?

Let us know by emailing newsdesk@rochvalleyradio.com

All contact will be treated in confidence.

More from UK

Donate to Roch Valley Radio

 

Newsletter

Your subscription could not be saved. Please try again.
Your subscription has been successful.

Subscribe to our newsletter and stay updated.

   

Coming up next On Air

  • Ant's Pick n Mix

    Noon - 2:00pm

    with Anthony Kirkman bringing you Pop, Rock and your favourite Disco tunes with a sprinkling of Metal

  • Afternoons on Roch Valley Radio

    2:00pm - 3:00pm

  • Wednesday Drivetime

    3:00pm - 6:00pm

    with Joe Regent getting you home on your favourite Drivetime station.

  • Sounds of the 70s

    6:00pm - 8:00pm

    with Helena Hart

  • Mill About Mix

    8:00pm - 10:00pm

    with Alison and the team from Mill About playing all of their favourite hits.

  • The Graveyard Shift

    10:00pm - Midnight

    with Gemma Johnson, as she explores the strange, unusual and down right spooky. Featuring a midnight ghost story from the darkest depths of the graveyard.